Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cool, Phoolish Fifty


Dearest friends and family,

We are back from Mexico - an amazing, wonder-filled trip - and are settling back in to the cold rain and snow. I can now officially join AARP, but have no intention of acting any less child like than before I turned phifty.

I read, devoured, digested your blog posts with unbridled joy, as well as a few tears (both happy and sad). You helped me experience anew many a fond memory. And the stories and sentiments you each shared with all of us affirm what I celebrate each and every moment of each and every day of my life: that my life is a blessing... truly a blessing, because I get to live it with you!

If a man is defined by the friends and family he has, then I can see my reflection in the laughs, cries, raves, cuddles, creativity, invention, meals, music, nature, order, chaos, heartbreak and ecstacy we have shared.

Your acceptance has supported me, your smiles have delighted me and you love has sustained me.

I love you more than words can tell,

Bongo


No comments:

Post a Comment