Sunday, December 14, 2008

18,263 days, I think

I'm not very good at math, but I think it's something above 18,000 days, right? I'm am honored to have been able to share quite a few of those days (and some bleary-eyed, giggly nights) with you.

When we see each other, it's as if no time has passed. I remember a New Year's Eve...was it eight years ago?... when you showed up In Portland, as if you'd always been there. Still present since the early days...Johnny's cute roommate...who's that guy? Bbbbbbongo...Parties with Johnny and Alexis. Soundtracks and tanks...Wavy Gravy in town at the radio station and at your house! Weirdness. Life in the 1980's.

The Northampton Center for the Arts...Phurst Church of Phun...live music...more Johnny Dwork craziness and phun...the jello brain...the December gatherings...load-in/load-out...late nights...

Time passes into our 30's...weddings and funerals, kids, homes...We become cleverly disguised as responsible adults. We don't really grow up, we just try and act like it. It gets confusing...

A wise man once sang, "When you get confused, just listen to the music play."

More time passes. Jobs/work/career...life, death, relationships... fast-forward to New Year's Eve 2001. What a kind soul you are. I was so happy to see you again.

Hanging backstage with Tommy. Just like old times, except now, we've perfected the art of throwing a great party. We finally become teenagers with experience.

So glad to see you grow into the Bongo-man that you are. So glad to be a part of the journey. Thanks for sharing not only the phun, but the bumpy parts of the road, too. Thanks for being my guardian angel when I needed you most. I'm proud to call you my friend.

50-years-old. Fifty years of Bongo and more to come! Wow. If that's what fifty looks like, then I'm not afraid. Of course, I have years to go before my 50th!

I love you, kind man.
Sending smiles and blessings and giggles till tears come,
and some hugs and kisses, too.
Auntie Flea

No comments:

Post a Comment